12 Months before:
6-9 Months before:
- Purchase a wedding planner.
- Choose your wedding party.
- Decide on a caterer.
- Enroll in bridal gift registry.
- Shop for a gown.
- Shop for attendants’ dresses.
- Choose a photographer and, if desired, a videographer.
- Hire a florist.
- Book musicians and/or DJ.
4-6 Months before:
2-4 Months before:
4-8 Weeks before:
- Mail invitations eight weeks ahead of the date.
- Have final dress fitting and select headpiece.
- Buy your fiancé’s wedding gift.
- Buy thank-you gifts for the attendants.
- Look over insurance papers with your fiancé (car, life, medical, home) – You may need to make changes in the policies when you go from single to married.
2-3 Weeks before:
- Arrange seating for the reception.
- Confirm details with caterer, florist, etc.
- Give caterer the final head count.
- Send an engagement photograph with a wedding announcement to the newspapers.
1 Week before:
The day before:
- Greet out-of-town guests.
- Go to the gym, take a long walk, or do some other stress-reducing activity.
- Schedule time for a bubble bath, facial or a hair-styling appointment before the rehearsal dinner.
- Attend the wedding rehearsal and dinner.